Thursday, February 28, 2008

Let's All Get Some Guns!

How do I say this diplomatically...???

This is the worst F@!$ing idea I have ever heard of!

Ok, I get it. Two birds with one boulder. I understand people are a little uneasy these days on college campuses. I understand that the Army is always trying to recruit new soldiers. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM!

As a student, let me emphasize student, participating in the ROTC program cadets are not in the military. A contract is signed for military service, and training is done throughout their college career for the future, but CADETS are not the protectors of campuses.

This is the same as saying lets' allow the baseball team to bring bats to class just in case. You on the hockey team? Great! Bring your stick. Why do we let the archery team bring their bow and arrows? Criminal justice majors, suit up you'll be solving all the crimes on campus now. Pre-med students you'll be running the city's operating rooms.

This is a ludicrous, ridiculous, and any other -ous word that you can throw at this.

No comments: